Terms and Conditions of the Future Music Songwriting Competition
1. The competition is organised and promoted by Future Music Ltd (the “Company”) trading as the Future Music songwriting competition.
2. I acknowledge that the purpose of the competition is the search for songwriters (hereafter referred to as ‘I/me/my’) and the competition will require a musical and/or vocal performance before a panel of Judges whether performed by the songwriter or a singer on their behalf. Applications made on behalf of a group must have the consent of all members of the group before applying. I understand the nature of the competition and in signing this agreement I hereby consent to the recording and use of my contribution to the competition on the terms and conditions herein stated.
3. The competition requires a non-refundable entrance fee per song to complete an entry of that song; this covers administration and event costs. The entrance fee does not cover any contestant expenses such as travel. At the Company’s discretion and where possible alternative performances dates will be offered if in the unlikely event an event is cancelled or if you are unable to attend. Submission of an application does not guarantee the opportunity to perform or participate in the competition.
4. If successful you will be offered a place in the showcase finals. In the event of illness an alternative showcase date will be offered at the Company’s discretion. It is up to me to read the terms, conditions and newsletters in full.
5. I agree to make myself available, at my own expense, at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation rehearsals, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. Such events will be organised and paid for by the Company. I understand that I am not entitled to receive exposure to such events.
6. No filming, recording or photography will be permitted at any of the events unless agreed in writing by the Company 7 days prior to an event.
7. The Company (or other such company as chosen by the Company) may film and/or record performances at the events. I agree to the use of this material by the Company for marketing and promotional purposes, including but not limited to national and international broadcast, including rights to reproduce and edit footage. The Company will own all intellectual property rights in any film and sound recording of the performances.
8. At the showcase event I will arrange to perform (or a singer on my behalf) any music and/or lyrics which are composed and/or written by me (“Composition(s)”), I hereby warrant that such Composition(s) are wholly original to me, are not subject to any third party rights or encumbrances which have not been notified to the Company prior to my performance of such Composition(s) for the competition and the performance and inclusion of such Composition(s) as part of the competition do not infringe the rights of any third party nor any statutory rights in any material.
9. I am free to enter into this agreement and hereby agree to indemnify the Company in respect of all actions, proceedings, claims, damages and other liabilities which may be brought against or incurred by the Company as a result of the breach of any of my warranties, representations or obligations contained in this agreement. I agree that in the event of any breach of this agreement by the Company I shall not be entitled to injunct the competition and any legal remedy I may have shall lie in an action at law for damages only.
10. I hereby warrant that I have not entered into any commercial, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company in respect of my entry in the competition and/or musical, musical writing and/or performing abilities and will not do so.
11. The overall winning prize to the winning songwriter is to have their song professionally recorded with one of the UK’s top producers and video filmed of the winning song. Any expenditure of such money is subject to the prior approval of the Company.
12. Competition finalists, defined as any song writer songwriter making the Grand Final, acknowledge and agree to make themselves available for appearances and promotion for an 18 month period from the end of the competition for a minimum of 5 times. These will be at such times and in such locations as the Company may reasonably require in respect of the competition including without limitation showcases, Regional Finals and the Grand Final for the following year, interviews, publicity, press calls, photographs, recordings and/or other contributions. I agree to attend such events and will advise of (and) provide receipts to the Company for reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses incurred.
13. I acknowledge and agree to abide fully by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this competition (the “Rules”). I agree to observe all procedures and obey all reasonable instructions in force or given by a member of the Company and/or any location staff in connection with the competition and the management of the locations and the fire safety and security arrangements in those locations.
14. I acknowledge and agree that if I’m successful at the initial performance of my song to the judge panel that I will be given tickets to sell for a showcase final which I will try my best to sell to family, friends and fans.
15. I acknowledge that the Company reserve the right to amend the Rules (including without limitation verbally) or terminate the competition at any time without liability to me. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
16. If I am under 18 years old I must obtain the consent of my parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and enter their details as provided in the application form prior to my entry into the competition.
17. I must be resident in the UK. I must be in my age category on or before the last day of December. I may be asked to provide the Company with supporting documentation in order to substantiate this (i.e. birth certificate and/or valid passport). I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to require at any time proof of my identity and/or eligibility.
18. All personal details and/or information given in my application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. I undertake to inform the Company immediately if any such information becomes inaccurate.
19. The information provided in the application may be used in connection with the production and promotion of the competition. By submitting my details I am agreeing that from time to time the Company’s partners, sponsors or associated companies may contact me with information regarding relevant services they feel may be of interest to me. Should I not wish to receive further information from Future Music and associated companies about their services I am to email 'opt-out' to firstname.lastname@example.org Any questions regarding the use of personal information should be made for the attention of the Data Protection Officer at Future Music Ltd, 36 Lumsden Avenue, Southampton SO15 5EL or by email to email@example.com
20. I acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to remove or disqualify me from the competition at their absolute discretion and that the decision of the Company is final. I acknowledge that the Company will have no liability to me if I am unable to attend or take part in the competition.
21. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they supply untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms hereof.
22. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if they are deemed to be acting outside the spirit of the competition. The Company’s decisions shall be final.
22. The Company will endeavour to operate the competition and apply the Rules and conditions of the competition as devised by the Company.
24. If any provision of this agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall no way affect any other provisions of this agreement, the application of the provision in any other circumstances or the validity or enforceability of this agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
25. The courts of England shall have sole jurisdiction in relation to the terms and conditions of the agreement contained in this release which shall be interpreted according to the laws of England.
26. Lastly have fun!
Guitar techniques on using dynamics.
Guitar Techniques: Knowing how to use guitar techniques and dynamics is essential to performers as these can help to spice up your playing, and also your songwriting. Using guitar techniques …
Song Structure for Songwriters
Song structure tips help you to focus your song effectively
Song Structure for Songwriters: So you want to write a hit song? Deciding upon your song structure is one of the most important judgments to …
Varying musical dynamics whilst singing
Musical Dynamics: Tips on how a songwriter can use musical dynamics to enhance their performance. Musical dynamics are a tool that all singers can use to prevent their performance …
RECORDING STUDIO UK – WHAT TO EXPECT AT A RECORDING STUDIO UK
Things to expect when you go to a recording studio UK
Recording studio UK – What to expect at a Recording Studio UK: As a singer it’s important to make the …
PERFORMING SONG COVERS
How to perform song covers originally
Performing Song Covers: If you are struggling for inspiration to write songs, you may consider choosing song covers instead. This is obviously a big risk to take, so before you …
PLANNING A MUSIC EVENT
Planning a music event before, during and after.
Planning a Music Event: Promotion is one of the most important factors of a music event. Knowing how to successful promote when planning a music event is essential for …
GUITAR PLAYING - WARM UPS
Information about guitar playing warm ups
Guitar Playing Warm Ups: The most underrated part of playing but perhaps one of the most crucial is guitar warm up. Carrying out a guitar playing warm ups routine …
TIPS ON PLAYING GUITAR
Tips to help you when performing and playing guitar
Tips on Playing Guitar: Playing guitar whilst performing can throw off even the most experienced of performers so you will maybe have to have the mindset as if you& …
BIRMINGHAM SONGWRITING TIPS
Feedback was written for songwriters as Birmingham songwriting tips at The NEC in Birmingham on the weekend.
Manchester Songwriting Tips: Judges wrote feedback for the songwriters at The NEC in Birmingham giving …
MANCHESTER SONGWRITING TIPS
Feedback was written for songwriters as Manchester songwriting tips at The Forum Theatre on the weekend.
Manchester Songwriting Tips: Judges wrote feedback for the songwriters at The Forum Theatre giving them …
MANCHESTER SONGWRITING COMPETITION
Songwriters came to showcase their songs at the Manchester Songwriting Competition
Manchester Songwriting Competition: Songwriters from the Manchester came to performance in front of industry judges this …
SONGWRITING TIPS – GRAND FINAL FEEDBACK
Songwriting Tips from the Winners Songwriting Competition Grand Final.
Songwriting Tips: Future Music’s Songwriting Competition Grand Final took place this weekend at the world-renowned music …
SONGWRITING CONTEST– GRAND FINAL FEEDBACK
2015 Songwriting Contest Feedback from the Runners Up Songwriters Grand Final.
Songwriting Contest: Future Music’s Songwriting Contest Grand Final took place this weekend at the world- …
SONGWRITING COMPETITION – GRAND FINAL FEEDBACK
2015 Songwriting Competition Feedback from the Wildcard Songwriters Grand Final.
Songwriting Competition: Future Music’s Songwriting Competition Grand Final took place this weekend at …
READING UK SONGWRITING CONTEST
Songwriter's feedback provided at the Reading UK Songwriting Contest
Reading UK Songwriting Contest: Future Music’s songwriting competition came to Sub89 in Reading this weekend for the Reading UK songwriting …
SOUTHAMPTON SONGWRITING CONTEST
Songwriter's feedback is provided at the Southampton songwriting contest
Southampton Songwriting Contest: Talented songwriters came to The Engine Rooms in Southampton this weekend for the Southampton songwriting …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN LIVERPOOL
The largest search for UK songwriters comes to Liverpool.
UK Songwriting Contest in Liverpool: The largest search for UK songwriters is coming to Liverpool. The UK Songwriting Contest in Liverpool is a brand …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN READING
Fancy showcasing your songwriting? Check out the brand new UK Songwriting Contest!
UK Songwriting Contest in Reading: If you are a songwriter from Reading or around the area you should check out the new UK …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN MILTON KEYNES
Calling all talented songwriters from Milton Keynes - The UK Songwriting Contest is looking for you!
UK Songwriting Contest in Milton Keynes: The brand new UK Songwriting Contest is calling all talented …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN BRISTOL
The new UK Songwriting Contest is coming to Bristol.
UK Songwriting Contest in Bristol: Future Music has launched a brand new UK Songwriting Contest and it is coming to Bristol. The UK Songwriting Contest in …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN SHEFFIELD
Future Music's brand new Songwriting Contest in Sheffield.
UK Songwriting Contest in Sheffield: Future Music boasts an impressive list of established songwriters, and now they are looking to find the next best …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN SOUTHAMPTON
The largest UK Songwriting Contest comes to Southampton.
UK Songwriting Contest in Southampton: The company behind the discovery of many of the best songwriters, Future Music, have produced a new Songwrting …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN BRIGHTON
Want the chance to potentially get signed as a songwriter? Enter the UK Songwriting Contest in Brighton!
UK Songwriting Contest in Brighton: The brand new UK Songwriting Contest is in search for the best …
UK SONGWRITING CONTEST IN NEWCASTLE
Get your songwriting heard at the UK Songwriting Contest in Newcastle!
UK Songwriting Contest in Newcastle: Future Music is responsible for discovering many of the best songwriters in the UK such as: …